Friday, September 10, 2010

Why yes, I am still the temp

You know, looking for a new position is a little difficult now as I am still just the temp here (almost 4 years now) but jumped a lot in previous jobs.

Why am I still the temp? Why am I stuck? I don't really know to be honest with you, but I guess I am lucky to be working at all, considering our not so great economy...it does have it's benefits of being flexible (to a point), but again, I still am not getting benefits such as health or vacation time....sigh...

I was on Boston.com chat (http://www.boston.com) for the Job Doc and this "expert" informed me that most companies now want that piece of paper, that documentation to show that I'm smart...what piece of paper? Oh, the College Degree....yes....that's right kids, I never did finish...(so stay in school kids!)

Well, if I DO decide to go back and finish my degree, it will be most likely online (and on my own time, thanks) and something that I think will most suit my new career choice(s) and not just business....and sorry, but I don't really agree here (okay, I know go ahead and make comments if you want to, I'll understand) ....see, if you are a College kid just out of college....where is your experience? What is it about that piece of paper that makes you special? Is it just the notoriety of having it? I mean, yes, I understand that it IS important...I am not saying don't get it...I'm just saying that people without degrees need to get jobs too....

Sorry for venting...thanks...what are your stories?

No comments:

Post a Comment