Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Temping is a two edged sword

Well, there is a factor to temping that I never thought I would see the daylight of...and that is I get to choose on how I can deal with this my co-workers asking me to come in on a day that the Company is closed on.

Guess what....if the Company is closed and I don't come in, then I don't get paid for the day...right? (You with me so far?) But if my co-workers have to go in, they get paid salary and they get paid Holiday pay, so if they ask me to come in on a day that I don't get paid for, don't I get to ask for time and a half? So, if the Company doesn't want to pay me that much money and they don't want to hire me on as a full time employee, I have the option of saying NO.

Yes, kids, this is the way of the two edged sword...so sorry you have no choice but to go in because the auditors want this or want that...but guess what, I am not the only person that has access to files, pulling crap that should have been made copies of at that time rather than waiting a year to go by and not being able to find it later on...oh yes, and find mistakes that screwball number two made during the time *she* was there....guess what, I am not fixing those mistakes either, and then the Company will most likely have to pay fines...

I'd rather take the day off and not be paid for it, because that is MY choice to make...Happy Thanksgiving

Yours,

Just the temp

No comments:

Post a Comment