Thursday, February 4, 2010

Adding and subtracting

Although I can't really discuss the details, I can let you all know that yes...I am still the temp...and yes, this company that I am temping for decided to add another temp.

Not to be a jerk, but there are really good temps, and well, not so good temps out there...you know who you are too...right? The ones that make us other temps look bad....(I think my favorite story about a really bad temp was the one that was embezzling money right under her bosses noses...heh)...

But I digress...I mean I still have a job...and I heard that more layoffs were coming....again....

Recently I did have an interview at another company, and the CFO asked me what a contractor meant...I said, that means I'm the temp...

Yup...still the temp...wow...but I guess I should be happy that I still have a job...but I am keeping sort of a close eye on this new woman that they hired...but pushing back on this company to say, well, this is why you hired her too....let her do some of the stuff I've been doing....that's what you informed me....5 months ago....

By the way, I found a website that sells items that has a big fat mug/tote bag and it says "Don't hassle me, I'm just the temp" in BIG LETTERS....Love that....I might just get one...

Yeah...and what is it with people coming to me to ask me about administrative stuff....U.P.S. vs. FedEx stuff...I'm becoming an expert now a days...but yet, I still can't seem to get myself a real full time job....why? What am I missing here? Is it because I'm still the temp? Is it because you're nervous that I'm going to be the bad temp vs being a good temp? But, wait, I've been at this company three years, doesn't that say something?

No comments:

Post a Comment